News stories related to illegal immigrants/immigration:
- Big Journalism brings us an interview between KFYI’s (Phoenix) Terry Gilberg and Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu who relayed the amazing statistic that in one patrol region last month, there were 64 pursuits, and none of the drivers trying to escape were legal residents.
- An illegal immigrant was arrested for sexually assaulting a 6-yr old girl in New Mexico.
- As a result of passing S.B. 1070, Phoenix could lose $90 million in business over the next five years.
- Illegal immigrants don’t only arrive here by crossing the border without approval of the U.S. government, many of them entered legally on visas and simply decided to stay. A 2006 study cites that almost half of the 10.8 million illegal immigrants had entered on visas and did not return home when their visas expired.
- Four more Massachusetts municipalities are considering a boycott of Arizona due to the new anti-illegal immigration bill (S.B. 1070) recently passed in the state.
- Two referendum drives targeting Arizona’s new law have been dropped.