[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=border+fence&iid=8691779″ src=”e/0/f/a/Porous_USMexico_Border_0603.jpg?adImageId=12749400&imageId=8691779″ width=”234″ height=”152″ /]
Daily news related to illegal immigrants/immigration:
- A sheriff in Ohio is looking to put an initiative on the November ballot to give voters there the option of adopting a law similar to Arizona’s newly passed S.B. 1070.
- Kerry Picket at the Washington Times: Hispanic agitators in D.C. mobilize for ‘mother country’
- The Phoenix Suns will be wearing ‘Los Suns’ jerseys on Wednesday (Cinco de Mayo). Apparently owner, Robert Sarver, thinks the new anti-illegal immigration law in Arizona is “flawed,” and he want to honor the Latino community.
- Not only does the Suns’ owner feel the new law is “misguided,” but Steve Nash and Steve Kerr do as well.
- Byron York, of the Washington Examiner, has written quite a few well-reasoned opinion pieces on Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law in the last week or so. His latest ponders the thought that border enforcement would actually be a bargain, especially when compared to the money spent just to bail out GM.
- 13 illegal immigrants caught in boat off coast of Palm Beach . The illegal immigrants were from Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. Seven of the thirteen had been deported previously.