[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=border&iid=8691779″ src=”e/0/f/a/Porous_USMexico_Border_0603.jpg?adImageId=12769723&imageId=8691779″ width=”234″ height=”152″ /]
A collection, that is in no way all encompassing, of daily illegal immigrant/immigration news:
- Danny Glover joins the parade of misguided celebs to visit Phoenix and speak out against Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law, S.B. 1070.
- About 50 Flagstaff (AZ) students walked out of school today to protest S.B. 1070.
- The town of Boulder, CO has suspended any city-sponsored trips to Arizona claiming the new S.B. 1070 law violates Boulder’s “core values.”
- Former Congressman J.D. Hayworth, who is now running against John McCain in the Senate Republican primary, is demanding an apology from the Suns for the remarks made by General Manager, Steve Kerr, in comparing the new S.B. 1070 law to Nazi Germany.
- President Obama announced today he’d like to start working on “comprehensive immigration reform,” the popular Democrat catchphrase for amnesty, along with “pathway to citizenship.” . He said Washington will be monitoring the new Arizona law for “civil rights implications,” but not mentioned in the story is whether there will be any push to increase security along the southern border of the U.S. Also, there was no mention of his Aunt Zeituni who still is living in the country illegally.
- Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, who last year said the U.S. – Mexico border was “secure enough,” today said the same border could be “more secure.”