[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=border+fence&iid=8691779″ src=”e/0/f/a/Porous_USMexico_Border_0603.jpg?adImageId=13113026&imageId=8691779″ width=”380″ height=”248″ /]
A sampling of stories and commentary related to illegal immigrants and illegal immigration:
- Chasing the Latino vote in the California governor’s race, Meg Whitman has released two ads on Spanish language television claiming she is a “different kind of candidate.” Exactly what kind of candidate is she? The kind that disapproves of laws such as Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law, SB 1070. She also claims to be the kind of candidate who opposed California’s Prop 187 which sought to deny state services to illegal immigrants and was later found unconstitutional.
- The Tucson, Arizona sector of Border Patrol is catching between 400 to 600 people a day now, down from about 1000 a day during cooler months. A number of them seem to have criminal backgrounds including rape and child molestation.
- It looks like Chicago is hopping on the ever so popular boycott Arizona bandwagon. But it only applies to any future contracts, not to those currently in effect.
- Looks like Hillary Clinton has either let the proverbial “cat out of the bag,” or doesn’t have a clue when it comes to what the Department of Justice is going to do about Arizona’s SB 1070 law. During an interview with a reporter in Ecuador, Clinton made it clear that the administration intended to sue Arizona over the newly minted law. See the clip and commentary at HotAir.com. The claim by Clinton riled Arizona’s governor who says she’s STILL waiting for the Obama administration to send her further details on the plans to deploy 1,200 National Guard troops to the southern U.S. border. Unfortunately for the Secretary of State, a Justice Department spokesperson later said no decision had been made on the matter.
- So far Jan Brewer’s office has received around $20,000 to help in the state’s defense of SB 1070. The contributions come from 440 donors in 46 state and the District of Columbia. If you would like to donate the fund, you can find a link to contribute at www.keepazsafe.com.
- Sacramento is the most recent city to join the list of California cities now boycotting Arizona. Time to write the whole state off as a no-visit zone.