[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=illegal+immigrants&iid=9005858″ src=”http://view1.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/9005858/border-agents-struggle/border-agents-struggle.jpg?size=500&imageId=9005858″ width=”380″ height=”262″ /]
A sampling of news stories and commentary related to illegal immigrants and illegal immigration:
- A seventh lawsuit against Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law, SB-1070, was filed on Friday. This one objects to the training materials police are using.
- Four illegal immigrants were busted for fraud at the U.S. border. Two had criminal histories dealing with either human smuggling or “dangerous drugs.” A third had numerous immigration violations.
- Some Tucson businesses are showing their opposition to SB-1070 by placing “We Mean Business” signs in their storefronts. Given that a majority of Arizonans are for SB-1070, these businesses might have a lot less business in the future.
- Border Patrol agents found 744 pounds of marijuana abandoned in the southern Arizona desert while investigating reports of illegal immigrants.
- An illegal immigrant was arrested on murder charges while trying to enter the U.S. The man also had previous arrests for assault, gang activity and criminal firearms possession.