[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=Border+Patrol&iid=9005858″ src=”http://view1.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/9005858/border-agents-struggle/border-agents-struggle.jpg?size=500&imageId=9005858″ width=”380″ height=”262″ /]
My apologies for not providing updates the last couple of days.
A sampling of news stories and commentary related to illegal immigrants and illegal immigration:
- This is what happens when the federal government doesn’t do its job. You get a local whacko white supremacist nutjob patrolling the desert while heavily armed. Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu wants the guy and his band of kooks to stay out of his county. I say this guy needs to be denounced and sent back home instead of endangering everyone who comes in contact with him.
- Border Patrol arrested 22 illegal immigrants trying to enter the country on the shores at Camp Pendleton.
- Seven more countries have joined Mexico and filed legal briefs in supporting a lawsuit against Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law, SB-1070.
- The federal judge hearing the numerous cases against Arizona’s new law is “well-versed” in immigration law.
- Groups opposing the new Arizona law plan acts of non-violent “civil disobedience” on the first day of the law’s implementation.
- Orange County, CA is looking to save Sheriff’s Department jobs and help close their $65 million shortfall by housing illegal immigrants in two of their jails. How many illegals will be held? A maximum of 838. What’s the cost to the feds (you know, we taxpayers)? A whopping $35 million PER YEAR. That works out to over $40,000 per year per illegal and over $114 per day per illegal. They need to take some lessons in saving money from Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
- Legal immigrants speak out about SB-1070. A breath of fresh air.
- More background information on the groups involved in bringing suit against Arizona.
- And, more information on the judge hearing all the SB-1070 cases. Briefly: she graduated from U of Iowa, appointed to Superior court by Gov. Rose Mofford, upon John Kyl’s recommendation, she was appointed to federal bench by President Bill Clinton in 2000, and her co-workers nicknamed her “impeccable.”
- I’m having a hard time embedding any local Fox News video, so I’m afraid you’ll have to click over to the site, but I’d highly recommend doing so. There’s a six minute report of an Arizona rancher who is dealing with illegal immigration problems on his own land.