[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=Border+Patrol&iid=9005858″ src=”http://view1.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/9005858/border-agents-struggle/border-agents-struggle.jpg?size=500&imageId=9005858″ width=”380″ height=”262″ /]
A sampling of news stories and commentary related to illegal immigrants and illegal immigration:
- A total of 71 arrests were made on Thursday in Phoenix during the protests of Arizona’s new anti-illegal immigration law, SB-1070.
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has denied Arizona’s request to have an expedited hearing on their appeal of Judge Susan Bolton’s injunctions placed on the state’s new law, SB-1070. The court stated that since the judge’s injunction only maintain the status quo, there is no reason to expedite the hearing. The case won’t be heard until November of this year. Meanwhile, the law’s popularity grows and the donations to defend the law keep rolling in to fill the coffers. $1.6 million has been received so far, $75,000 was donated on Wednesday alone. If you’d like to donate to the SB-1070 defense fund, you can contribute at keepazsafe.com.
- On the other of the SB-1070 issue, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus is quite pleased with Judge Bolton’s injunctions. Who’s surprised?
- A couple of yahoos carrying Mexican flags ran out on to the outfield of the Arizona Diamondback/New York Mets game on Friday night during the seventh inning.
- An illegal immigrant who had been in federal custody, but was released and awaiting deportation proceedings, struck another vehicle and killed a nun inside over the weekend, while allegedy driving drunk.