News stories and commentary not to be missed:
- Countering President Obama’s claim that the Republicans haven’t put forth any new ideas, House Minority Leader John Boehner steps up to the plate and proposes the federal government cut spending to 2008 levels and extend all tax cuts.
- Author of The Forgotten Man, Amity Shlaes, counters Paul Krugman’s claim that our present day economic situation is similar to the economic environment of 1938. (h/t http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/shlaes-corrects-krugman)
- For fellow political junkies, Jim Geraghty of the National Review Online interviews Scott Rasmussen. Junkies already know who Rasmussen is so no explanation is necessary.
- Wall Street is backing off its contributions to Democrats and contributing more and more money to Republicans.
- Two bodies found in the northern state of Tamaulipas, Mexico appear to be those of officials who were investigating an earlier massacre of 72 immigrants.
- Hey, guess who just confessed that communism doesn’t work: Cuba’s very own Fidel Castro.