News stories and commentary not to be missed:
- Associated Press via Breitbart: Americans’ wealth fell in spring as stocks tanked.
- Trolling for dollars: Stunner: Congresswoman wheedles lobbyist for money (at HotAir.com)
- Following the trail blazed by Charlie Crist, Lisa Murkowski, after losing the Alaska Republican party nomination for Senate to TEA party favorite Joe Miller, has kicked off a “write in” campaign in order for her to try and retain her seat. This kind of attitude is what has driven the TEA party in the first place. When the “moderate” candidate loses, they cannot simply accept defeat and get behind the new nominee. They somehow feel obliged, almost entitled if you will, to go their own way, either by the “independent route” like Charlie Crist in Florida, or in this case the “write in” route. In my opinion, desperately clinging to power is a sure sign you cannot be trusted with it.
- Speaking of the one time Republican turned Independent when it was clear he wasn’t going to win his Republican primary, it’s now being reported that Florida Governor (now running for Senate) Charlie Crist used Republican party money for family vacations, while Crist’s Republican challenger, Marco Rubio was cleared of any wrongdoing.
- Obama administration awards $130 million for healthcare workforce. Hmmm. Now what union do we know is the largest representative of health care workers? The Service Employees International Union, SEIU, of course. And while Andy Stern was still in charge over at SEIU he logged the most White House visits, coincidence? I don’t think so.
- The state of Ohio looks to be turning all red in this November’s election.
- In a show of support for Democrat Representative Maxine Waters (CA) who is battling ethics violation charges, a few of her backers picketed a Nancy Pelosi event. Security asked them to leave before Pelosi started speaking and they complied.
- In a statement that defies all logic, Jesse Jackson says because Jesus didn’t speak English, the United States shouldn’t be “English only.”
- Also over at Breitbart.tv, there’s footage of soldiers blowing up an EFP bomb. Things that go BOOM!