News and commentary not to be missed:
- MyFoxPhoenix: Another decapitation has been discovered. This one is in New Mexico.
- At Hot Air: Initial jobless claims rise, as expected …
- Judicial Watch is reporting that from documents it received from the Air Force, Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi took 85 trips on Air Force aircraft in a span of 15 months. 85!!!
- Speaking of airplane flights, Democrat Barney Frank got a free flight to the Virgin Islands on a billionaire hedge fund manager’s plane. He also stayed at the manager’s mansion while their. The same manager works for a company that got bailout money to the tune of $200 million.
- Seniors will not be getting a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) raise in their Social Security benefits for the second straight year, but they still remain ahead of the “inflation curve.” This is because they received a 5.8% increase in January of 2009 when inflation had risen less than 1% by comparison.
- “That’ll be $1.2 billion, please.” So says the UN to the U.S.
- Big news on the Obamacare front: Florida judge: Fight against insurance mandate can proceed Obama administration hardest hit.
- One of the more humorous stories of the day: Lisa Murkowski, after losing her primary re-election bid and who is now running as a write-in candidate, is worried about someone entering as a “spoiler” candidate in the upcoming election that will lessen her chance of victory. It’s laughably funny because Murkowski is now a spoiler candidate herself to the Republicans as she runs against her own party’s nominee. Gee Lisa, project much?