Two years after his release, the Lockerbie bomber is still alive and kicking and claims he was a victim of a conspiracy

Posted on July 26, 2011


They must have some great health care in Libya given this man was only supposed to have three months to live when he was released from a Scottish prison:

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the ailing Lockerbie bomber freed by Scotland nearly two years ago, showed up on Libyan TV Tuesday at a pro-government rally in Tripoli.[…]

 

The British newspaper said the broadcast, said to be live, showed a Libyan television presenter introducing al-Megrahi at the rally and saying his conviction was the product of a “conspiracy.”

Al-Megrahi, a former Libyan intelligence agent, had been expected to live only another three months when he was released from a Scottish prison. He had served nearly eight years of a 27-year sentence for killing 270 people in the 1988 terror attack that blew up Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland while en route from London to New York.

al-Megrahi was described as frail and being pushed in a wheelchair.  What does this mean? Absolutely nothing considering that is the exact same description of him that was given on his homecoming to Libya after his early release on compassionate grounds nearly two years ago.

As far as his claim to a conspiracy, yeah, there’s a conspiracy here, but not in relation to his conviction for the bombing.  The conspiracy seems to be what’s the true extent of this man’s illness.

Advertisements
Posted in: Libya, War on Terror